CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS has an exciting opportunity for join our EMEA Trade Execution Team to be based in our office in Barcelona. This opportunity will add value for our producers, owners, customers and key stakeholders by providing an effective link to our global flows.
- Execute and oversee all the activities related to export bulk fertilizer executions such as drafts/documents for export and import, legalizations, quality monitoring, claims, laytime calculation, etc.
- Coordinate and execute complex trade execution activities.
- Execute and oversee all the activities related to ocean operations for dry bulk fertilizer cargoes.
- Responsible for documentary credits and bank guarantees, when applicable.
- Prepare and review stock reconciliations, Profit and Loss (P&L) accounts and act as liaison with Finance department.
- Reporting and system maintenance (JDE, BSM, Purple Track, etc.).
- Implement fundamental concepts and practices of laytime and demurrage calculations for dry cargos and identity opportunities to optimize at best calculations.
- Ensure that the results and set-ups are aligned with the trading units (EMEA & GTC desks and Ocean Freight).
- Ensure close collaboration and information sharing with internal and external stakeholders. Act as liaison with traders, brokers, agents at origin and destination, risk department, supervision company, buyers and warehouse keepers and banks to ensure the smooth flow of information between departments.
- Continuously focus on supply chain and execution process improvement, actively participate in system development.
- Good understanding of Logistics and Trading flows and interest in international business.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in trading operations, freight operations or similar area.
- Laytime & demurrage.
- Excellent communication skills. Customer oriented.
- Independent decision-making skills in an often-ambiguous environment.
- Good logical thinking.
- Fluent in English. French/Portuguese is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
- Documentary credits or equivalent experience.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proficient in MS Office suite.
Career Band: Professional Career Level: Experienced
Hiring Manager: Elena Fomenko TA Specialist/Liaison: Enrique Sobanski