CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
Looking for your next long term career? Join CHS, Inc Agronomy as an Operations Manager opening in Yuma, CO! Daily you will work alongside the team by providing strategic & operational oversight for all functions and production processes. Leadership of safety, quality, working effectiveness and financial performance will be key components of this role, along with problem solving and efficient solutions to our facilities. Apply today for competitive pay, unbeatable benefits, and career longevity!
- Ranges from $70,000 - $90,000 annually
- Competitive Pay Rate
- Benefit eligible employees receive:
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance + Long & Short-Term Disability
- Paid Holidays + Paid Time Off (Vacation & Sick Pay)
- Retirement -
- 401K with Company Match
- Company Funded Pension
- Profit Sharing
- Oversee operations at multiple locations. Evaluate and communicate the results of overall operations.
- Manage operations according to divisional objectives to provide patrons with prompt, courteous and effective service while maintaining the efficiency necessary to achieve a maximum margin of profit.
- Manage location and/or sales managers on programs, pricing, and overall strategy.
- Act as liaison between General Manager and department managers, developing and implementing procedures and controls to promote communication and adequate information flow within the organization.
- Develop and manage operating, capital, and lease budgets.
- Manage the workforce through responsible training, clear job assignment definition and explanation, correct deficient performance, and effectively reward and develop all employees.
- Develop & recommend product positioning, packaging, and pricing strategy to produce the highest possible long-term market share.
- Develop, establish, and execute comprehensive marketing plans & programs, both short & long range, to support sales and revenue objectives of the organization.
- Oversee and ensure inventory is in place and accurately accounted for.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
- Perform other responsibilities as needed or assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- High School diploma or GED
- 4+ years of experience in Operations and/or Business Operations
- Prior leadership experience with progressively advancing level of leadership responsibilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Previous Agribusiness/Location management or Grain Sales experience preferred
- Ability to motivate and lead team members
- Pre-employment screening is based on the job requirements and industry guidelines and may or may not be required for the position. If required, selected candidates must pass pre-employment screenings to include all or a combination of drug, criminal, motor vehicle check, physical requirements and FMSCA Clearinghouse.
- Ability to stand, walk, sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift 55+ lbs
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package.
Compensation: This includes base wage and may consist of other earnings depending upon position within CHS, consisting of bonuses, incentives, commissions, merit pay. This position may be an opportunity for promotion.
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health, and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short-Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.