CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 11,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS has an exciting opportunity in our Country Operations Division. We are looking for a Grain Originator I to work extensively with producers and country elevators in procuring grain and setting up marketing programs. You must be able to make decisions, work independently, be detail oriented, and have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. This opportunity has growth potential and offers mobility within CHS.
- Run the scale at the Steward grain facility -
- Assist with truck dispatching as needed
- Work with producers and country elevators updating them on market trends, current grain quotes, grain programs, and purchasing grain.
- Work with producers and country elevators to form marketing plans.
- Work closely with Grain Marketing personnel (i.e., grain merchants, grain buyers, the hedge desk and accountants) in exchange of information.
- Communicate bid changes and closing bids to customers.
- Buy grain from producers and country elevators .
- Report and enter all purchase contracts quickly and accurately.
- Work with producers and country elevators in the exchange of information to enhance the flow of grain.
- Attain Series III license within the first 12 months of employment.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1 plus years of Grain Procurement experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Ag Business, Ag Economics, or other business related program
- Series III license
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package.
Compensation: This includes base wage and may consist of other earnings depending upon position within CHS, consisting of bonuses, incentives, commissions, merit pay. This position may be an opportunity for promotion.
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health, and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short-Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Effective January 6, 2020, the U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) requires employers to conduct a pre-employment verification full query against the newly established License Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse prior to beginning employment in a position that requires a valid commercial driver’s license (CDL). Candidates seeking employment in a position that requires a commercial motor vehicle license must voluntarily enter their information into the FMCSA and must provide disclosure authorization, at the time of offer, to CHS or an authorized third-party agent of CHS to verify the information.