CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS Yuma has an exciting opportunity for a Grain Merchandiser in Yuma, CO. You will work extensively with producers in procuring grain and setting up marketing programs. You must be able to make decisions and work independently, be detail oriented with excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. This opportunity has growth potential and offers mobility within CHS.
- Be responsive to bid/ask market changes and update changes throughout the day along with closing markets.
- Develop a good working knowledge of various computer platforms (i.e., E1, ProClarity, and ProphetX).
- Leverages company assets (supply book, storage, rail, truck, capital) to increase margin profitability in and around spot and forward curve physical market arbitrages and spreads.
- Maintain market intelligence, location basis levels, and differentials.
- Remain informed on market trends and current renewable fuel market quotes in all CHS trade territories.
- Report and enter all purchases and sales quickly and accurately.
- Arbitrage and market valuation between hub, tank car, gas plant and refinery markets.
- Backup responsibility for setting the Forward Price Contract curve for the sales department and represent the market accurately when instructed by the Director of Trading & Merchandising.
- Collaborate with the Supply group on all term and spot volume at key gas plants and maximize “best of market” logistic movements.
- Develop and produce articles, analysis, reports and presentations when needed.
- Execute trades on behalf of the Director of Trading & Merchandising to enhance the over-all margin for the Propane business unit.
- Participate in multiple merchandising market channels with like counterparty participants in the buying and selling of Propane.
- Responsible for all non-hub markets and the arbitrage of market values between key geographic locations and territories.
- Supply the current demand of term and spot cars for the Wholesale Supply team as well as trading with other approved counterparties.
- Understand the logistics and procurement of supplying rail cars to key wholesale and non-wholesale markets and actively participate in the marketplace.
- Develop and implement risk management strategies that limit price risk exposure to merchandising position.
- Support our global growth initiatives by sourcing resources, managing volume at key terminals and maximizing arbitrage opportunities.
- Utilize Chicago Board of Trade, Chicago Mercantile Exchange, New York Mercantile Exchange contracts, Over the Counter swaps and other derivatives to hedge the trading position and price risk exposure.
- Collaborate with Pricing, Sales, Marketing and Supply personnel in exchange of information and business execution.
- Manage 1-2 direct reports.
- Participate in multiple merchandising market channels with like counterparty participants in the buying and selling.
- Partner with the Sales Account Managers on increasing volumes in and around their territories.
- Provide accurate and timely market intelligence to the internal business unit departments.
- Develop and implement hedging strategies to manage risk in book of business.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships within the company and industry partners.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- 4+ years in Supply Chain and/or Procurement
- Bachelor's degree preferred in Business, Economics, Manufacturing, Logistics, Operations Management, Supply Chain Management, Systems Engineering, Statistics or in a related field.
- $60,000+ base salary
- Commission opportunity
- This position has opportunity for promotion
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package.
Compensation: This includes base wage and may consist of other earnings depending upon position within CHS, consisting of bonuses, incentives, commissions, merit pay. This position may be an opportunity for promotion.
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health, and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short-Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Effective January 6, 2020, the U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) requires employers to conduct a pre-employment verification full query against the newly established License Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse prior to beginning employment in a position that requires a valid commercial driver’s license (CDL). Candidates seeking employment in a position that requires a commercial motor vehicle license must voluntarily enter their information into the FMCSA and must provide disclosure authorization, at the time of offer, to CHS or an authorized third-party agent of CHS to verify the information.