CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS Herman has an opportunity in our Country Operations Division. We are looking for a Seasonal Custom Applicator. Your primary role from March through fall will be as a Custom Applicator. You will promote the proper use of crop protection products. You must be detail oriented with excellent communication skills both verbal and written. This opportunity has growth potential and offers mobility within CHS.
- With limited supervison, apply fertilzer and crop protection products. May include use of a high clearance sprayer or floater.
- Work with customers in a courteous and professional manner.
- Educate customers on products being applied to fields, techniques utilized, and how you can continue to support them with products and services.
- Assist the sales staff in ensuring orders are correct and patron needs are met.
- Perform warehouse work to including driving loader, forklift, mechanics, and maintenance.
- Lift and load products, 1-2 hours per day.
- Pick up and deliver product to customers as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- 1+ years of experience in Production and/or Operations
- CDL or ability to obtain within 30 days
- Must meet DOT and Company requirements
- Ability to read, write, and communicate in English
- Ability to work additional hours to meet business demand
- High School diploma or GED preferred
- Applicator's license preferred
- Chemical application education preferred
- Previous application experience preferred
- Farming background preferred
- Pre-employment screening is based on the job requirements and industry guidelines and may or may not be required for the position. If required, selected candidates must pass pre-employment screenings to include all or a combination of drug, criminal, motor vehicle check, physical requirements and FMSCA Clearinghouse.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.