CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS Agronomy has an opportunity in our wholesale agronomy division looking for a Regional Focus Product Lead for our two U.S. sales regions. You will work across the internal sales and product development teams as well as work with key strategic customers to grow and promote CHS Agronomy focus products. This role will include both planning and in-season demand creation activities for the region by collaborating across the following teams: 1. Marketing (Product Managers, marketing communication), 2. Sales (Regional Director, Sales Managers, Account Managers), and 3. Strategic Accounts leadership and team members. You will be partnering hand-in-hand with wholesales sales team, who will support with relevant insights to critical focus product needs.
- Plan, organize, supervise and provide leadership to achieve the sales region’s business development objectives related to commercially branded products as they relate to overall company strategy. Promotes the sale of proprietary products/services in the sales region.
- Lead Product Specialists within sales region to build and execute focus product growth strategies with internal sales team and strategic customer base at all levels of customer organization.
- Serve as the primary focus product contact for internal and external stakeholders in your core region. This role will maintain a consistent cadence and direction for sales team across regions (e.g., by playing a leading role in business reviews at all levels, rolling out trainings, gathering feedback on products, etc.)
- Throughout the season, this role will collaborate on in-season demand creation efforts for the region. Support and assist in the execution of region specific campaigns, customer experiences, and key tactics.
- The role will conduct or assists salespersons with sales meetings with customers or potential customers within the sales region on CHS Agronomy Focus Products. Travel with sales team to make calls on strategic customers at regular intervals within sales region.
- Work with sales management and focus product team to develop sales and profit targets for focus brands in sales region.
- Operate within the constraints of the budget - pricing, sales strategy, market development, product promotion, volume increases, & expenses.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- High School diploma or GED
- 7+ years of experience in Sales, Business Development, and/or Business Operations
- Bachelor's degree preferred in Business, Communications, Marketing, or related field
- Pre-employment screening is based on the job requirements and industry guidelines and may or may not be required for the position. If required, selected candidates must pass pre-employment screenings to include all or a combination of drug, criminal, motor vehicle check, physical requirements and FMSCA Clearinghouse
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.