CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS offers COMPETITIVE PAY AND A GREAT LEARNING ENVIRONMENT with LONG TERM GROWTH opportunities.
We are hiring a Agronomy Operations / Crop Scout Intern in Northeast Colorado for Spring 2022!
This internship will work directly with the sales and operation team. This internship involves working extensively with farmers to gain knowledge of agronomy products, crop scouting best practices, and much more! You must be detail-oriented with excellent communication skills.
- Gain knowledge of general agronomy skills such as scouting, crop protection products, crop nutrient products, seed, custom application procedures, mixing procedures, precision ag technology, truck driving, and delivering product.
- Gain valuable experience with the sales process
- Perform all agronomy/seed operations.
- Monitor and maintain quality of inventory.
- Regulate and periodic housecleaning processes and record keeping.
- Assist with repairs and preventative maintenance for all agronomy equipment including legs, conveyors, towers, vehicles, sprayers, floaters, trucks, etc.
- Provide excellent customer service and assist customers as needed.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- Currently enrolled in Ag Business, Crop Science, or other Agriculture related degree program.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Software.
- Agriculture experience or background knowledge helpful.
- Previous internship experience helpful, but not required.
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package.
Compensation: This includes base wage and may consist of other earnings depending upon position within CHS, consisting of bonuses, incentives, commissions, merit pay. This position may be an opportunity for promotion.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.