CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 11,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
Cenex®, the retail energy brand of CHS, fuels cars and trucks, and keeps farm equipment and fleets running smoothly. With over 1,400 branded retail locations across 19 states, the Cenex brand is strong across America – and gaining ground every day. CHS owns two refineries located in Laurel, MT and McPherson, KS.
For 35 years we’ve built our success through superior account relationship management across a wide spectrum of energy customers. We are committed to the legacy of the Cenex brand as we move into the next generation of the Cenex convenience store network, supported by our refining and supply assets. That is why we we’ve created LIFT, a lighting, image and facility transformation initiative designed to improve Cenex stores through exterior updates along with optional loan funding for in-store improvements.
CHS has an exciting opportunity in our CHS Energy group. We are looking for a Branded Retail Sales Representative who will have direct responsibility for branded fuel sales, driving sales growth, relationship management and communication with key jobber/independent Cenex customers. This role will be part of a dedicated sales team specializing in branded fuel volume sales in the convenience retail channel. This position requires a high level of communication skill, team building, strategic planning and customer relationship.
This is a remote, home office-based role within the assigned territory of southwest Nebraska, central/western Kansas, northwest Oklahoma and eastern Colorado.
Grow and develop Cenex retail fuel volume
- Manage and grow the Cenex branded retail network within the designated trade area.
- Developing key growth sales strategies, tactics and action plans.
- Analyze market share and growth opportunities
- Providing a consultative solutions sales process to prospects
- Responsible for New-to-Brand retail stores within the Cenex convenience store network primarily through jobber and independent customer base.
- Communicate and promote Cenex LIFT initiative
- Proactively prospect and develop leads within the assigned trade area.
- Understand competitive influences within the trade area.
- Strong presentation and communication skills
Retention of existing branded sites and volumes through superior account management
- Assist Cenex® customers with development and execution of their marketing and growth initiatives
- Dedicated Cenex account representative to retain/maintain existing gallons held with accounts
- Demonstrate a history of strong account management and relationship building
- Identify and anticipate customer requirements, expectations, and needs
- Coordinate the development and distribution of energy related market information (technical and fundamental) to branded refined fuel customers
- Liaison between jobber/independent accounts and Refined Fuels Departments– marketing programs, BPMA agreements, Refined Fuels equipment, Payment Solutions and Retail Solutions programs
- Manage and promote Cenex LIFT initiative
- Build strong teamwork and relationships with external and internal customers and/or other departments
- Manage resources effectively, clearly defining priorities and expectations.
- Cultivate and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- High School Diploma (or equivalent)
- 2+ years in Sales and/or Business Development
- Bachelor's degree preferred in Business, Communications, Marketing, or in a related field
- 5+ years in Sales and/or Business Development
- Travel up to 50% of the time within the designated territory with up to 30% overnight stays.
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Effective January 6, 2020, the U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) requires employers to conduct a pre-employment verification full query against the newly established License Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse prior to beginning employment in a position that requires a valid commercial driver’s license (CDL). Candidates seeking employment in a position that requires a commercial motor vehicle license must voluntarily enter their information into the FMCSA and must provide disclosure authorization, at the time of offer, to CHS or an authorized third-party agent of CHS to verify the information.