Government Affairs Intern
CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS has an exciting opportunity at our Government Affairs office in Washington, DC. We are looking for a college student, recent graduate, or graduate student to join our team in the Nation’s Capital for an exciting policy internship. You must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and be passionate about agriculture or energy policy.
- Assist the Government Affairs team in advocating for CHS and its farmer owners in Washington, DC.
- Help schedule, prepare and attend meetings with Members of Congress, Congressional staff, and other decision makers at federal agencies.
- Work on advocacy projects with CHS Trade Associations for both CHS agriculture and energy businesses.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- Education: College Junior or older
- Years of experience: Entry level
- Skill set: Ability to manage schedules under pressure, extremely organized, ability to use Microsoft word, interest in the legislative process
- Physical requirements: Ability to life at least 30 pounds, be on your feet for at least half an hour at once
- Skills desired, not required: Basic knowledge of legislative process, familiarity with agriculture or energy industry, previous federal government related experience a plus
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Get job alerts
Interested in a specific role or location? Sign-up for job alerts and we’ll automatically notify you when there’s an opening.
Join our talent community
Want to stay in touch? Join our talent community and we’ll send you updates about what’s happening at CHS and when we’re hiring.Sign up