CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS Northern Grain has an exciting opportunity at our Hazel, MN location. We are looking for an Operations Specialist to perform duties such as warehouse support, material handling, machine operation and maintenance, product loading/unloading/delivery and facility cleaning in a safe and timely manner. You must have a high energy level, exhibit personal integrity and be committed to safety, customer service, and solving problems creatively. You must have a good work ethic with professional communications skills.
- Under general supervision, carry out general labor responsibilities promptly and efficiently. Responsibilities may include:
- Develop and maintain knowledge of the commodities handled at the location and comply with company policy and government regulations pertaining to commodities.
- Work with customers in a courteous and professional manner.
- Prepare trucks and railcars for loading/unloading, which may require sampling, loosening large nuts, opening hatches, and attaching and/or detaching flexible hoses.
- Load and unload agricultural inputs from railcars and/or trucks using heavy or light duty machinery/equipment. May include bulk and or packaged material.
- Control and monitor all load out functions.
- Understand and operate automated scale/dump systems.
- Conduct and properly record daily, weekly and monthly maintenance tasks including but not limited to lubrication of pumps, valves, and loading arms. Inspect in-use equipment looking for seeps and leaks of process equipment.
- Monitor and maintain quality of inventory (may include blended, bulk or packaged product).
- Keep all work areas in a clean, orderly and safe condition. Conduct regular housekeeping duties such as sweeping, shoveling, power washing, scraping and cleaning up spills. Complete appropriate record keeping.
- Perform warehouse work including driving loader, loading/unloading inventory, forklift operation, and general maintenance.
- Promptly report any customer complaints, repair or maintenance needs, or safety concerns to supervisor.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures, and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
- Follow all company policies, procedures, and safety requirements.
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned to ensure facility operates smoothly and customers receive excellent customer service.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- Must meet minimum age requirement
- Ability to work extended hours during peak seasons to meet business demands
- Ability to pass pre-employment drug test
- Ability to operate machinery such as loaders, conveyors, tractors, and track mobile
- High School diploma or GED preferred
- Agriculture experience preferred
- Forklift certification preferred
- Ability to lift 75 pounds
- Ability to climb rail cars, ladders, stairs, and bins
- Ability to work in dust and adverse weather conditions and temperatures
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.