CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS has an exciting opportunity to join our Supply Chain team as a Contract Administration Specialist in our Sycamore, IL office. The Contract Administration Specialist is responsible for successful execution and management through the entire contract lifecycle, and ensuring the highest level of support is delivered to our customers and vendors.
- Review trade and barge application detail provided by merchandisers to ensure accuracy of counterparty, product, delivery period and all other relevant terms
- Precisely execute contract creation and changes, initiated by merchandisers, for numerous commodities and locations across multiple ERP systems
- Assist internal and external customers via phone or email; build and maintain positive relationships with customers research and resolve all customer questions, complaints - escalate when appropriate
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with the various internal and external partners encountered in the course of normal business
- Electronic document management; scan, upload, and validate all documentation for every contract is properly categorized and preserved
- Assist with daily cash position reconciliation.
- Update various cash grain bid sites daily. Transmit communications to customers regarding bids and facility hours.
- Compile summary reports for management
- Monitor contract performance and track form status for compliance. Prepare documentation in support of external and internal audits
- Apply LEAN or continuous improvement methodology to analyze current state processes. Develop and implement new or improved procedures to enhance the productivity and accuracy of processes within the department
- Update and maintain process-related reference documents
- Continuing education (to include but not limited to professional growth and development, changes to CHS policies and procedures, and completion of CHS LEAN program)
- Assist with reporting requests, executing process and software improvement projects, and other duties as reasonably assigned
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- 1-2 years’ experience working in an administrative, marketing, or sales support role
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite of products including Teams, OneNote, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Ability to work well in a team environment; develop and maintain positive working relationships with internal and external customers
- Ability to manage time effectively, make decisions, and work independently within a team atmosphere
- Strong interpersonal and business communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to solve problems independently
- Detail oriented, accurate, and excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience using ERP Systems
- Detail oriented with excellent accuracy
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.