CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS Northwest has an opportunity in our Propane Administration Office located in Lynden, WA. We are looking for a Full Time Customer Service Representative to manage all aspects of creating an excellent customer service experience for current and prospective customers. You must be a detail-oriented, results-driven individual with a commitment to quality, accuracy and the ability to organize and prioritize workloads to meet deadlines. Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with strong analytical and customer service skills, and the ability to work in both a team environment and on self-directed tasks are essential.
- Competitive Hourly Rate
- Benefit eligible employees receive:
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance + Long & Short-Term Disability
- Paid Holidays + Paid Time Off (Vacation & Sick Pay)
- Retirement Benefits - 401K with Company Match & Company Funded Pension
- Profit Sharing
- Provide excellent customer service to all customers (internal and external) including answering and responding to calls in a timely manner.
- Promptly resolve customer requests, questions and complaints that frequently require analysis of detail to determine the best use of resources to reach resolution.
- Work to increase sales through prompt, courteous responsiveness to customer needs and use of referrals and telemarketing.
- Accurately enter all customer data in the system.
- Efficiently maintain the data storage system including, but not limited to: daily cash receipts, prepayments, product sales, the budget billing program, marketing programs, customer files and customer delivery dispatches.
- Support and advocate compliance with sales programs, operating procedures and corporate policies covering credit, inventory and safety.
- Communicate daily with the supervisor on customer, competition, safety and financial issues.
- Make recommendations for improvement in interdepartmental relationships and work processes within the business team to provide excellent customer service.
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned.
- Work extended hours as needed to meet business demands.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Ability to work extended hours to meet business demands
- Ability to pass pre employment criminal background screen
- Bachelor's degree preferred in Business, Business Administration, Communications, or in a related field
- Energy Cooperative background
Ability to lift a minimum of 30 lbs., stand, bend, walk, talk and sit
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Effective January 6, 2020, the U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) requires employers to conduct a pre-employment verification full query against the newly established License Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse prior to beginning employment in a position that requires a valid commercial driver’s license (CDL). Candidates seeking employment in a position that requires a commercial motor vehicle license must voluntarily enter their information into the FMCSA and must provide disclosure authorization, at the time of offer, to CHS or an authorized third-party agent of CHS to verify the information.