CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS has an exciting opportunity in our Country Operations Division. This Sales Agronomist Intern will work extensively with Country Operations Cooperative Customers in ensuring they are provided the highest level of service. This intern will learn the full operations of a successful cooperative location including sales, warehouse inventory management, soil sampling, crop scouting, and making field recommendations. During our busy spring season, this intern will be also assisting in agronomy operations to provide the best customer experience to our cooperative customers. This internship is for Summer 2023.
- Assist Agronomy Production Sales Specialists with crop scouting, soil sampling, and field agronomic problem solving.
- Use integrated pest management techniques to determine treatment thresholds.
- Generate written reports and present them to supervisor and/or customer
- Learn the features and benefits of all agronomy products and services, assist with over-the-counter sales, and assist with product delivery to customers.
- Learn to perform warehouse and agronomy plant operations.
- Learn and utilize Agris invoicing and inventory management systems.
- Assist in inventory management procedures.
- Learn how to maintain equipment and facility.
- Work in and keep an environment that is compliant with state, local and CHS Environmental and Safety policy.
- Custom Application if qualified and/or if the need arises.
- Assist other departments as needed.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- Currently enrolled in Ag Business, Crop Science, Business, or other Agriculture related degree program
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software
Previous agriculture experience
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.