CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
Want to make a difference and impact in your local community? Come join CHS, Inc South Central Grain as a full time Operations Specialist in Sterling, ND Today!
Your day to day will never look the same when you work within CHS grain and agronomy. You will:
- Load and unload grain, agronomy, and feed products
- Work with your hands by performing scheduled maintenance and repairs
- Acquire knowledge on how to monitor and maintain grain qualify, mix/load fertilizer/checmical products and assist in loading trains
- Obtain certifications to operate equipment including the opportunity to obtain your CDL
Take this opportunity to work with one of the largest coops in the U.S, while still making an impact in our local communities. Our fun and safe work environment is waiting for you, apply today!
- Competitive Hourly Rate
- Benefit eligible employees receive:
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance + Long & Short-Term Disability
- Paid Holidays + Paid Time Off (Vacation & Sick Pay)
- Retirement Benefits -
- 401K with Company Match
- Company Funded Pension
- Profit Sharing
- Under general supervision, carry out general labor responsibilities promptly and efficiently.
- Prepare trucks and railcars for loading/unloading, which may require sampling, loosening large nuts, opening hatches, and attaching and/or detaching flexible hoses.
- Load and unload agricultural inputs from railcars and/or trucks using heavy or light duty machinery/equipment.
- Conduct and properly record repairs and daily, weekly and monthly maintenance tasks. Regularly inspect in-use equipment.
- Monitor and maintain quality of inventory (may include blended, bulk or packaged product).
- Deliver products such as fertilizer, chemical, seed, feed and other to customer sites ensuring accurate and on time deliveries in a safe, timely, and professional manner.
- Ensure compliance with all local, state, and federal laws including but not limited to pre-trip and post-trip reporting, proper load securement and hours of service.
- Keep all work areas and vehicles in a clean, orderly and safe condition. Conduct regular housekeeping duties such as sweeping, shoveling, power washing, scraping and cleaning up spills. Complete appropriate record keeping.
- Perform grounds maintenance including snow removal.
- Perform warehouse work including driving loader, loading/unloading inventory, forklift operation, and general maintenance.
- Promptly report any customer complaints, repair or maintenance needs, or safety concerns to supervisor.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures, and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
- Follow all company policies, procedures, and safety requirements.
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned to ensure facility operates smoothly and customers receive excellent customer service.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- 1+ years of experience in Operations and/or Trucking Operations
- Must meet minimum age requirement
- Valid CDL Class A
- High School diploma or GED preferred
- Maintain or be able to obtain a CDL and DOT medical card.
- Ability to read, write, and communicate in English
- Ability to work additional hours and occasional weekends to meet business demands
- Hazmat, Tanker, and Air Brake endorsements preferred
- Agriculture background preferred
- Customer service experience preferred
- Bulk liquid, Pressure trailer, or Forklift experience preferred
- Pre-employment screening is based on the job requirements and industry guidelines and may or may not be required for the position. If required, selected candidates must pass pre-employment screenings to include all or a combination of drug, criminal, motor vehicle check, physical requirements and FMSCA Clearinghouse.
- Ability to lift 75 pounds
- Ability to climb rail cars, ladders, stairs, and bins and into back of trailer
- Ability to work in dust and adverse weather conditions and temperatures
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.