CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS River Plains has an exciting opportunity in our Country Operations Retail division! We are looking for an Operations Specialist / Driver to join our growing team. You must be customer focused, hardworking, and have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. This position has the opportunity for growth.
- Operate heavy machinery to load and unload bulk fertilizer, grain, feed, seed, wheat, corn products for suppliers and customers.
- Adhere to all company safety regulations.
- Assist with maintenance and repairs of plant equipment as directed.
- Work with patrons in a courteous and professional manner.
- Perform all job functions as needed to ensure facility operates smoothly and customers receive excellent customer service.
- Control and monitor all load out functions.
- Understand and operate automated scale/dump systems.
- Blend product as prescribed and/or generate blends.
- Load and unload products from railcars or trucks.
- Conduct regular house-cleaning duties, processes and record keeping.
- Maintain and keep records on all equipment including legs, conveyors, cleaners, vehicles and all other facility equipment.
- Follow all company policies, procedures and safety requirements.
- Monitor and maintain quality of inventory and blended product.
- Regulate and periodic housecleaning processes and record keeping.
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned.
- Crop protection product mixing
- Operation of application equipment
- Operation of location facilities
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- High School diploma or GED
- Experience operating loaders, conveyors, tractors, and track mobile
- Able to work in dusty conditions and adverse weather conditions and temperatures
- Able to work extended hours to meet business demands
- CDL license or ability to attain one with HAZMAT endorsement
- Pass a DOT required physical and drug screen
- Maintain or be able to obtain a CDL and DOT medical card
- Ability to read, write, and communicate in English
- Ability to work additional hours, be available for overnight stays and occasional weekends to meet business demands
- High School diploma or GED preferred
- Hazmat, Tanker, and Air Brake endorsements preferred
- Agriculture background and customer experience preferred
- Bulk liquid, Pressure trailer, or Forklift experience preferred
- Pre-employment screening is based on the job requirements and industry guidelines and may or may not be required for the position. If required, selected candidates must pass pre-employment screenings to include all or a combination of drug, criminal, motor vehicle check, physical requirements and FMSCA Clearinghouse.
- Ability to lift 75 lbs
- Ability to climb rail cars, ladders, stairs and bins, and into back of trailer
- Ability to work in dust and adverse weather conditions and temperatures
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.