HR Business Partner - Colorado Region
CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
This Human Resources Business Partner (HR Generalist) position will provide HR guidance and support to assigned operations business units within our Country Operations division. In partnership with our HR COEs, the position will play a key role in executing HR processes and programs within client groups to include but not limited to employee engagement, talent acquisition, compensation, performance management, talent management and succession planning, employee relations, investigations, employee and leader coaching and development. HR project work may also be assigned as needed.
As a member of our Country Operations HR team, you must be flexible/nimble, have strong verbal and written communication skills with an ability to tailor messages based on the audience, and the ability to build mutual trust and respect.
- Provide strategic and operational HR support, consulting, and coaching to leaders and employees across multiple, assigned business units in a geographic region.
- Build and cultivate solid relationships with leaders, employees, and peers to support shared goals.
- Partner closely to help drive and support change management in support of strategic initiatives
- Identify and understand talent needs within assigned business units by partnering closely with leaders and their teams. Partner closely with Talent Acquisition to support recruiting strategy for Operations and Leadership positions.
- Take a leadership role in working with business unit leaders to identify organization strategy and evaluate talent readiness and determine succession planning.
- Provide direction, counsel and support to employees and leaders in response to employee relations issues. Partner with Compliance & Integrity and Legal teams where appropriate.
- Foster employee engagement and inclusion and diversity.
- Conduct and/or support HR project work in support of business initiatives and in partnership with the corporate HR team and HR COE partners.
- Cultivate and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures, and regulations
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- High School diploma or GED
- 4+ years of experience in Human Resources
- Bachelor's degree preferred in Business, Business Administration, Human Resources, Industrial Relations, Industrial Psychology, Organizational Development, Psychology, Sociology, or related field
- Prior HR generalist experience supporting people & talent processes in the following areas: employee engagement, inclusion and diversity, talent acquisition, performance management to include goal setting and annual performance reviews, talent management, employee relations, learning and development, compensation, and benefits
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Prior experience with an HRIS system such as SAP SuccessFactors
- Knowledge and practical application of various employment laws
- Prior experience in the Agriculture sector
- Ability to coach, counsel and influence management decisions
- High level of problem solving skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Ability to travel up to 15% of the time
- Pre-employment screening is based on the job requirements and industry guidelines and may or may not be required for the position. If required, selected candidates must pass pre-employment screenings to include all or a combination of drug, criminal, motor vehicle check, physical requirements and FMSCA Clearinghouse.
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Get job alerts
Interested in a specific role or location? Sign-up for job alerts and we’ll automatically notify you when there’s an opening.
Join our talent community
Want to stay in touch? Join our talent community and we’ll send you updates about what’s happening at CHS and when we’re hiring.Sign up