CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS Northwest has an exciting opportunity at our Spokane, WA location. We are looking for a Full TimeOperation Specialist. You must have a high energy level, exhibit personal integrity, have an excellent record committed to safety, customer service, and solving problems creatively. You must have a good work ethic with professional communications skills.
- Under general supervision, carry out general labor responsibilities promptly and efficiently. Responsibilities may include:
- Develop and maintain knowledge of the commodities handled at the location and comply with company policy and government regulations pertaining to commodities.
- Work with customers in a courteous and professional manner.
- Prepare trucks and railcars for loading/unloading, which may require sampling, loosening large nuts, opening hatches, and attaching and/or detaching flexible hoses.
- Control and monitor all load out functions.
- Conduct and properly record daily, weekly and monthly maintenance tasks including but not limited to lubrication of pumps, valves, and loading arms. Inspect in-use equipment looking for seeps and leaks of process equipment.
- Monitor and maintain quality of inventory.
- Keep all work areas in a clean, orderly and safe condition. Conduct regular housekeeping duties such as sweeping, shoveling, power washing, scraping and cleaning up spills. Complete appropriate record keeping.
- Perform grounds maintenance including snow removal.
- Perform warehouse work including loading/unloading inventory, forklift operation, and general maintenance.
- Promptly report any customer complaints, repair or maintenance needs, or safety concerns to supervisor.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures, and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
- Follow all company policies, procedures, and safety requirements.
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned to ensure facility operates smoothly and customers receive excellent customer service.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- Must meet minimum age requirement
- 1+ years of experience in Operations and/or Business Operations
- Ability to operate machinery such as loaders, conveyors, tractors, and track mobile
- Ability to work extended hours during peak seasons to meet business demands
- High School diploma or GED preferred
- CDL license or ability to attain one with Hazmat endorsement preferred
- Propane industry and/or rail car unloading experience preferred
- Forklift certification preferred
- Pre-employment screening is based on the job requirements and industry guidelines and may or may not be required for the position. If required, selected candidates must pass pre-employment screenings to include all or a combination of drug, criminal, motor vehicle check, physical requirements and FMSCA Clearinghouse.
- Ability to lift 75 pounds
- Ability to climb rail cars, ladders, stairs, and bins
- Ability to work in dust and adverse weather conditions and temperatures
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.