CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS has an exciting opportunity in our Finance Shared Services group. The AR- Billing & Cash Application Intern position is intended to develop a general understanding of the accounts receivable billing and cash application processes by performing a variety of tasks and participating in projects to advance department goals and objectives. You must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, strong attention to detail and the ability to work independently and collaboratively with all CHS business areas.
- Learn and perform various processes in the accounts receivable billing and cash application processes
- Gain knowledge of various software programs including SAP and Agris.
- Collaborate with Finance Shared Services Managers, Supervisors and Specalists.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement and lean project opportunities within Finance Shared Services and across business departments
- Become familiar with CHS’s business and structure
- Improve existing reporting reports/ tools, changing the way teams work and leverage the information to make key business decisions
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- Currently enrolled in a bachelor’s program with a focus on Accounting & Finance or related degree entering as a college Junior, Senior, or recent graduate.
- General knowledge of accounting & finance principles
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Visio, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Previous internship in accounting, or finance or related field
- Experience with SAP or other ERP systems
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with a team
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Organized and strong attention to detail
CHS offers a competitive total rewards package. Compensation includes base wage and, depending upon position, may include other earnings such as bonus, incentives and commissions. Actual pay offered will vary based on multiple factors which may include, without limitation, experience, education, training, specialized skills and certifications.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disability.