CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS offers COMPETITIVE PAY and a GREAT LEARNING ENVIRONMENT with LONG-TERM GROWTH opportunities.
We are hiring a Field Intern in SELBY, SD for Spring 2022!
These internships will work closely with our customers, ensuring they are provided the highest level of service and information possible. You will gain valuable Hands-On experience that the competition cannot offer!
- Gain knowledge of general agronomy skills such as scouting, crop protection products, crop nutrient products, seed, custom application procedures, mixing procedures, truck driving, and delivering product.
- Gain valuable experience with the sales process
- Perform all agronomy/seed operations.
- Monitor and maintain quality of inventory.
- Regulate and periodic housecleaning processes and record keeping.
- Assist with repairs and preventative maintenance for all agronomy equipment including legs, conveyors, towers, vehicles, sprayers, floaters, trucks, etc.
- Provide excellent customer service and assist customers as needed.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- Currently enrolled in Ag Business, Crop Science, or other Agriculture related degree program.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Software.
- Agriculture experience or background knowledge helpful.
- Previous internship experience helpful, but not required.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Effective January 6, 2020, the U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) requires employers to conduct a pre-employment verification full query against the newly established License Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse prior to beginning employment in a position that requires a valid commercial driver’s license (CDL). Candidates seeking employment in a position that requires a commercial motor vehicle license must voluntarily enter their information into the FMCSA and must provide disclosure authorization, at the time of offer, to CHS or an authorized third-party agent of CHS to verify information.