CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
Want to make a difference and impact in your local community? Come join CHS, Inc as a Custom Applicator in Selby, SD today!
- Competitive Hourly Rate
- Benefit eligible employees receive:
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance + Long & Short-Term Disability
- Paid Holidays + Paid Time Off (Vacation & Sick Pay)
- Retirement Benefits -
- 401K with Company Match
- Company Funded Pension
- Profit Sharing
Your day to day will never look the same when you work within CHS grain and agronomy. You will:
- Load and unload grain, agronomy, and feed products
- Work with your hands by performing scheduled maintenance and repairs.
- Acquire knowledge on how to monitor and maintain grain quality, mix/load fertilizer/chemical products and assist in loading trains
- Obtain certifications to operate equipment, and opportunities to obtain your CDL
Take this opportunity to work with the largest coop in the U.S, while still making an impact in our local communities. Our fun and safe work environment is waiting for you, apply today!
- Under general supervision, apply fertilizer and crop protection products. May require use of a high clearance sprayer or floater.
- Pick up and deliver product to customers as needed.
- Work with customers in a courteous and professional manner.
- Educate customers on products being applied to fields, techniques utilized, and how you can continue to support them with products and services.
- Assist the sales staff in ensuring orders are correct and patron needs are met.
- Perform warehouse work to including driving loader, forklift, mechanics, and maintenance.
- Ensure compliance with all local, state, and federal laws and regulations. To include but not limited to pre-trip and post-trip reporting, proper load securement and hours of service.
- Maintain cleanliness of vehicle(s) inside and out, and work environment.
- Complete and document daily maintenance inspections. Ensure proper equipment maintenance is completed including repairs, and preventive maintenance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- 2+ years of experience in Agriculture Production, Operations, and/or Agriculture Application
- Must meet minimum age requirement
- Maintain or be able to obtain a CDL and DOT medical card
- Ability to read, write, and communicate in English
- Ability to work additional hours, be available for overnight stays and occasional weekends to meet business demands
- High School diploma or GED preferred
- Hazmat, Tanker, and Air Brake endorsements preferred
- Agriculture background and customer experience preferred
- Bulk liquid, Pressure trailer, or Forklift experience preferred
- Pre-employment screening is based on the job requirements and industry guidelines and may or may not be required for the position. If required, selected candidates must pass pre-employment screenings to include all or a combination of drug, criminal, motor vehicle check, physical requirements and FMSCA Clearinghouse.
- Ability to lift 75 lbs
- Ability to climb rail cars, ladders, stairs and bins, and into back of trailer
- Ability to work in dust and adverse weather conditions and temperatures
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.