Auditor, Internal Expert
CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
We are looking for a well-rounded business relationship partner as an Auditor Internal Expert to help preserve and enhance enterprise value through actionable insight. This position will manage a group of high-performing professionals focused on supporting the business as the third line of defense, driving continuous improvements, and leading change to impact performance through disciplined execution. You must be passionate about helping others succeed and willing to think outside the box while building long-lasting partnerships across the business. A successful candidate will have excellent communication skills, possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills, a high sense of urgency the ability to drive profitable change.
- Help develop and execute a risk-based audit plan for four diverse business segments in agronomy, energy, global gran & processing, and business services.
- Enhance the Internal Audit capability by using technology, tools and data analytics to develop a more data-driven, data visualization, and risk-based approach to audits.
- Leverage new automation technologies around robotic process automation to help drive efficiencies and continuous improvements within internal audit processes and within the business functions.
- Establish strong business partnerships and lines of communication with senior executives in finance, compliance, and operational functions, including quarterly updates to the audit committee.
- Act as a strategic business partner in evaluating and recommending business practices on operational and strategic issues.
- Develop a high performing team culture and help others succeed.
- Travel up to 20% domestic and international
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business-related field
- 8+ years of progressive experience to include;
- Minimum of 2 years of direct external or internal audit experience
- Minimum of 6 additional years in any combination of the following areas;
- Internal Controls, Finance/Accounting, Risk/Compliance, Planning & Analysis, Business Development, Continuous Improvement.
- Ability to travel up to 20% domestically and internationally
- Proven leadership experience and talent development history
- Collaborative, solution-focused approach to solving business challenges
- Continuous improvement and results-oriented mindset
- Previous experience in risk assessment, controls analysis and Lean methodologies
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- CPA, CMA, IIA, or CIA certification
- Experience in Commodity Trading, Agricultural or Energy
- SAP systems experience
- Experience at a large multi-national company
- Experience with a public accounting firm working with large, diverse organizations.
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package.
Compensation: This includes base wage and may consist of other earnings depending upon position within CHS, consisting of bonuses, incentives, commissions, merit pay. This position may be an opportunity for promotion.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Get job alerts
Interested in a specific role or location? Sign-up for job alerts and we’ll automatically notify you when there’s an opening.
Join our talent community
Want to stay in touch? Join our talent community and we’ll send you updates about what’s happening at CHS and when we’re hiring.Sign up