Custom Chemical Applicator
CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
Want to make a difference and impact in your local community? Come join CHS, Inc as a Custom Chemical Applicator in Central Washington today!
• Create relationships with local farmers to acquire knowledge on their chemical and fertilizer needs
• Manage your time in the field by operating a sprayer/airflow machine while loading and applying products safely, accurately and efficiently.
• Receive hands on experience and technical skills by handling many types of machinery and routine equipment maintenance
- Competitive Hourly Rate
- Benefit eligible employees receive:
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance + Long & Short-Term Disability
- Paid Holidays + Paid Time Off (Vacation & Sick Pay)
- Retirement Benefits -
- 401K with Company Match
- Company Funded Pension
- Profit Sharing
This is a great opportunity to work with the largest coop in the U.S, while still making an impact in our local communities. Our fun and safe work environment is waiting for you, apply today!
*You could work from any one of the following locations in WA: Quincy, Moses Lake, Warden, Othello, Connell or Royal City.
*This role is eligible for a $1,000 sign on bonus.
*This role is eligible for an acreage incentive.
- As directed, apply fertilizer and crop protection products. May require use of a high clearance sprayer or floater.
- Work with customers in a courteous and professional manner.
- Assist the sales staff in ensuring orders are correct and patron needs are met.
- Perform warehouse work to including driving loader, forklift, mechanics, and maintenance.
- Lift and load products.
- Pick up and deliver product to customers as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Crop protection product mixing
- Operation of application equipment
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- 1+ years of experience in Agriculture Production, Operations, and/or Agriculture Application
- Must meet minimum age requirement
- Class A CDL
- Chemical Applicator's License with weeds and insecticide endorsements
- Ability to read, write, and communicate in English
- Ability to work additional hours to meet business demand
- High School diploma or GED preferred
- Farming background preferred
- Pre-employment screening is based on the job requirements and industry guidelines and may or may not be required for the position. If required, selected candidates must pass pre-employment screenings to include all or a combination of drug, criminal, motor vehicle check, physical requirements and FMSCA Clearinghouse.
- Ability to lift 75 lbs
- Ability to work in dust and adverse weather conditions and temperatures
Compensation range: $17.94 - $28.61
The ranges displayed are the CHS salary ranges. CHS adheres to all state salary requirements and minimum wages.
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Get job alerts
Interested in a specific role or location? Sign-up for job alerts and we’ll automatically notify you when there’s an opening.
Join our talent community
Want to stay in touch? Join our talent community and we’ll send you updates about what’s happening at CHS and when we’re hiring.Sign up