CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS has an exciting opportunity in our Country Operations Division. We are looking for a Custom Applicator. You must exhibit personal integrity, have an excellent driving record and be committed to safety and customer service. You could work from any one of the following locations Quincy, Moses Lake, Warden, Othello, Connell or Royal City.
*This role is eligible for a $1,000 sign on bonus.
- As directed, apply fertilizer and crop protection products. May require use of a high clearance sprayer or floater.
- Work with customers in a courteous and professional manner.
- Educate customers on products being applied to fields, techniques utilized, and how you can continue to support them with products and services.
- Assist the sales staff in ensuring orders are correct and patron needs are met.
- Perform warehouse work to including driving loader, forklift, mechanics, and maintenance.
- Lift and load products, 1-2 hours per day.
- Pick up and deliver product to customers as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Crop protection product mixing
- Operation of application equipment
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- Knowledge of Agriculture Production, Operations, and/or Agriculture Application
- Must meet minimum age requirement
- CDL or ability to obtain within 30 days
- Ability to read, write, and communicate in English
- Ability to work additional hours to meet business demand
- High School diploma or GED preferred
- Applicator's license preferred
- Chemical application education preferred
- Previous application experience preferred
- Farming background preferred
- Pre-employment screening is based on the job requirements and industry guidelines and may or may not be required for the position. If required, selected candidates must pass pre-employment screenings to include all or a combination of drug, criminal, motor vehicle check, physical requirements and FMSCA Clearinghouse.
- Ability to lift and load up to 75 lb packages of crop protection product
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.