CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS has an exciting opportunity for our Go-to-Market retail Agronomy division. We are looking for a Key Agronomy Specialist to be the subject matter expert and provide best in class agronomy product training to frontline sales, service, and support personnel. You must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and be detail oriented.
This position can be located anywhere within our Lakes & Rivers region of MN, IA, IL or WI.
- Effectively train agronomics and specific product expertise using sales processes defined in business unit to increase market share and sustainable revenue growth.
- Create detailed plan to capture frontline product training needs and interaction tactics needed to meet sales metrics and provide customers a best in class buying experience.
- Implement practical agronomic insight that brings value to the grower thru effective management of side-by-side field plots, and all associated product positioning and demonstrations.
- Collect data to optimize products and service positioning.
- Achieve assigned volume targets with your assigned business units
- Develop and implement business plans with the assigned business units, including management of forecasting, production and sales.
- Collaborate with key agronomy specialists, regional sales directors and logistics team to help develop company and regional strategies
- Effectively communicate benefits and make recommendations for all commercial seed and crop protection products.
- Effectively manage and monitor sales data by business unit to optimize results by individual frontline Agronomy Sales Rep, as aligned.
- Reside and maintain a home office in the assigned sales territory. Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures, and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
- Travel up to 60% of the time (primarily day travel in Lakes & Rivers region).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- High school diploma or GED.
- 4+ years of experience in Agronomy, Supply Chain, or Procurement.
- Bachelor’s degree in agriculture, business, or related program preferred
- Certified Crop Advisor certification preferred
- Proven history of developing and implementing sales marketing plans to increase business.
- Proficient with MS Office applications including Power Point.
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record.
- Ability to travel independently with occasional overnight stays.
- Reside and maintain a home office in the assigned sales territory
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package.
Compensation: This includes base wage and may consist of other earnings depending upon position within CHS, consisting of bonuses, incentives, commissions, merit pay. This position may be an opportunity for promotion.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.