CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS has an exciting opportunity within our Global Grain & Processing division. We are looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to prepare and analyze the financial statements and provide financial support to our Ethanol processing facilities (Rochelle, IL & Annawan, IL). You must be a detail oriented, analytical, highly organized self-starter with the ability to multi-task and have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
This position is remote but will need to travel up to 20% of the time to operating plants in the field, located in Rochelle, IL and Annawan, IL.
- Be a trusted business partner for the Ethanol processing facility operations team.
- Lead activities related to the production of financial statements and reporting of results.
- Provide leadership to Capital processes through tracking and monitoring.
- Analyze yield effectiveness and production volume metrics.
- Handle cost accounting activities for the Rochelle and Annawan refinery facilities.
- Observe on-site inventory counts at month end in Rochelle and Annawan.
- Lead annual budget and quarterly forecasts processes with the operations team.
- Provide insights for evaluating, recommending, maintaining and monitoring appropriate internal controls and related documentation
- Work with other plant accounting analysts to provide support as needed for the monthly consolidation reporting
- Travel to plant location as needed to gain a thorough understanding of the manufacturing process.
- Perform ad hoc reporting and analysis and investigate issues, providing explanations and interpretation.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- 4+ years of experience in one or more of the following: Accounting, Audit, Credit & Collections, Payroll, Procurement, Accounts Payable, Financial Reporting & Analysis, Tax, or Treasury
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or related field
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and Word including creation of pivot tables, chart and formulas such as VLOOKUP and IF statements
- Advanced proficiency with Power BI or similar advanced reporting tools
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of and direct application of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Prior direct experience using enterprise-wide ERP systems
- Proven success collaborating with internal and external stakeholders
- Extensive experience analyzing, interpreting, and reporting financial data
- Ability to travel domestically up to 20%
- Extensive understanding of accounting processes and internal controls with an ability to identify and address weaknesses in controls
- Experience with general ledger and related reporting software
- Ability to solicit support for ideas and provide sound rationale for recommendations
- Ability to complete assignments independently and handle complex accounting activities
- Identifies accounting issues, research possible solutions and forms conclusions to present to management.
- Ability to select, develop staff and work in a team environment to achieve desired results
- CPA, CMA or similar professional certification
- Experience with Agriculture and/or Energy industries
- Manufacturing or processing industry knowledge or experience
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.