CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS has an exciting opportunity in our Rochelle, IL facility. We are looking for a Quality Assurance Technician to observe, inspect and check in-process and final product items in all plants. You must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, be extremely self-driven, and have the capacity to get along with and foster relationships with various types of people. Pay depends on experience, but the starting range is $24 - $27.
- Collect, perform testing, and analyze experimental results of various products throughout the processing facility following a defined sampling schedule
- Respond to out of spec data by notifying the QA manager and taking action to correct the abnormality quickly
- Complete maintenance needed on laboratory equipment (HPLC, IC, GC, Karl Fisher, IR, NIR, NIT, pH probes, colorimeters, etc.), as well as troubleshoot instrument error when it arises
- Perform validation and verification testing on laboratory equipment/instrumentation
- Create dilutions, solutions, and complete sample prep for various testing applications
- Assist the QA manager and QA lead when necessary
- Perform laboratory housekeeping and GMP area housekeeping checklists
- Certify and approve final product per ASTM standards to ensure all quality specifications are met
- Collaborate with production team to meet deadlines, sampling quality specs, and troubleshoot outlying testing results
- Approach every task with safety as the first work consideration. Adhere to all safety policies and procedures. Identify and mitigate hazards before starting work tasks. Maintain situational awareness to identify and mitigate potential hazards while performing work tasks.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- High School diploma or GED.
- 1 year of professional experience in quality control or related field.
- Must be able to understand and operate computers using established software.
- Must be able to work all shifts including overnight and weekends.
- Must be able to work overtime.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment medical and fit test for respirator use.
- Must be able to wear hard hat, hair net, safety glasses and safety boots
- Bachelor's degree preferred in Statistics, Physics, math, science, engineering, or business
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Effective January 6, 2020, the U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) requires employers to conduct a pre-employment verification full query against the newly established License Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse prior to beginning employment in a position that requires a valid commercial driver’s license (CDL). Candidates seeking employment in a position that requires a commercial motor vehicle license must voluntarily enter their information into the FMCSA and must provide disclosure authorization, at the time of offer, to CHS or an authorized third-party agent of CHS to verify the information.