CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
Farmers Elevator has an exciting opportunity in our Country Operations division in Richey, MT! We are looking for an Automotive Technician to join our growing team. You must be customer-focused, hardworking, and have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Perform light maintenance and repairs of vehicles including but not limited to: oil changes, P/M inspections, brake and shoe replacement, tire rotations, suspension repair and replacement, air and electrical troubleshooting and repair, some minor fabrication, and minor engine repair.
- Identify problems, often by using computerized diagnostic equipment
- Perform shop work including loading/unloading inventory, forklift operation, and general maintenance.
- Explain automotive problems and repairs to customers in a courteous and professional manner.
- Generate accurate work invoices.
- Work to improve equipment and maintenance so that customer vehicles (primarily light vehicles) are in full compliance with all regulatory agencies and at a cost within industry standards.
- Participate in company training for service and repair of vehicles, equipment, and facilities.
- Promptly report any customer complaints, repair or maintenance needs, or safety concerns to shop lead or supervisor.
- Keep all work areas in a clean, orderly and safe condition. Conduct regular housekeeping duties such as sweeping, shoveling, power washing, scraping and cleaning up spills. Complete appropriate record keeping.
- Perform grounds maintenance including snow removal.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- High School diploma or GED
- 1+ Years’ Experience filling small propane cylinders.
- Class A CDL preferred
- Ability to stand throughout the work day
- Lifting up to 75lbs
- Work duties may require bending and laying on floor/ground
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Get job alerts
Interested in a specific role or location? Sign-up for job alerts and we’ll automatically notify you when there’s an opening.
Join our talent community
Want to stay in touch? Join our talent community and we’ll send you updates about what’s happening at CHS and when we’re hiring.Sign up