CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS Inc. Ag Partners LLC has an exciting opportunity in our location in Richey/ Glendive, MT. We are looking for a motivated self-starter to join our growing agriculture organization to be an Agronomy Sales Representative. You will work with farmers, ranchers and producers to promote the proper use of crop protection products plant food, seed and other services offered at the cooperative to area producers by making on-the-farm sales presentations.
- Competitive Salary plus incentive
- Benefit eligible employees receive:
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance + Long & Short-Term Disability
- Paid Holidays + Paid Time Off (Vacation & Sick Pay)
- Retirement Benefits -
- 401K with Company Match
- Company Funded Pension
- Profit Sharing
- Provide agronomic recommendations to producers for nutrient needs and pest control.
- Support customers in making decisions for their farms by providing information and options that would best suit their personal needs.
- Utilize digital platforms for writing variable rate prescriptions, assisting in farm planning, mapping scouting and sampling events, and creating work orders for application jobs.
- Execute sales plans to achieve sales goals and increase profitability through implementation of sales, marketing and consulting processes for products and services.
- Collaborate with co-workers to heighten the visibility and impact of sales calls and improve efficiency and profitability.
- Facilitate positive long-term relationships with suppliers and customers to create long term repeat business.
- Prepare sales presentations, contracts, bids and proposals to ensure successful outcome of transactions.
- Work with customers in a courteous and professional manner. Service customer complaints and inquiries.
- Develop knowledge of multiple products and apply this knowledge in all aspects of the job.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations.
- Other duties and responsibilities as needed or assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include:
- Collaborate with other CHS divisions to leverage business relationships, growing the CHS enterprise.
- Collaborate with location managers to forecast supply requirements by month and annual basis.
- Product Training
- CHS Sales Training
- National Sales Certification available
- Computer Training on Agris Software
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- High School diploma or GED
- 2+ years of experience in agronomy or other agricultural fields
- Bachelor's degree preferred in Agronomy, Ag Business, Crop Science, or other agriculture- related field
- Outside sales experience to include: presentations, utilizing persuasive negotiation skills, customer service, conflict resolution, and working independently
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proficient in MS Office Suite: Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Valid driver's license with clean driving record
- Pre-employment screening is based on the job requirements and industry guidelines and may or may not be required for the position. If required, selected candidates must pass pre-employment screenings to include all or a combination of drug, criminal, motor vehicle check, physical requirements and FMSCA Clearinghouse.
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.