CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS is hiring an Accounting Specialist IV to join its Finance team supporting the Energy and Transportation divisions. The Accounting Specialist IV will generate accurate freight invoicing to CHS customers, perform tasks related to CHST drivers (Payroll), owner operators and common carriers’ compensation, and deliver high level customer service for CHS internal and external customers. This role will provide support to the transportation division by billing freight revenue and processing compensation to drivers; contribute to customer value by identifying areas of cost savings through process standardization and high level of customer service and satisfaction. This position requires previous payroll experience.
The role is hybrid/open to remote- reporting to Grand Forks, ND, Sioux Falls, SD, or Inver Grove Heights, MN office.
- Invoice freight customers
- Provide analysis of rates and routes, and perform system updates for rates and fuel surcharge
- Seek approvals for accessorial fees
- Code, enter, reconcile, and release driver payroll information
- Enter applicable operator deductions and release settlements for payment
- Maintain and retain documents per retention policy
- Set up Driver /Master/MOL
- Conduct Orientation and training
- Create, monitor, maintain, and report Training Processes and standard work
- Perform MOL Tree Maintenance
- Set up-Create Delivery Point/Profiles/Rate Verification
- Upload invoicing information into online payment applications
- Resolve customer invoicing disputes and provide customer service as needed
- Assist credit on collection of aging invoices
- Collaborate with peers for process improvement
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- 3 plus years of finance or accounting experience to include customer invoicing, payroll, accounts payable/accounts receivable, and reconciliations.
- Internal and external customer service experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (including Outlook, Excel)
- Excellent communication, organizational, inter-personal, problem-solving skills.
- Previous payroll experience
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field
- Experience in JDE, SAP, or similar ERP system
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.