CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS has an exciting opportunity in our Information Technology group. We are looking for a Senior Business Systems Analyst to join our growing team and provide support for our Country Operations and Distribution efforts. You must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, be detail oriented, able to work in a team environment and independently, and have the ability to solve complex problems. This is a remote, work-from-home position with occasional travel required.
- Understand industry issues and trends, and present technical solutions that provide value to our business partners.
- Analyze business strategy and user needs, document specifications, and translate business objectives into proper system requirement specifications.
- Guide business customers through business case development for new applications/functionality, including cost / benefit analysis and risk / impact analysis.
- Deliver value through: realization of benefits, avoidance of cost, identify new opportunities and modernizing the organization.
- Focus on continuous improvement for both the business process and the underlying technologies and system support.
- Support, test, and enhance moderately complex information systems and develop adequate error management functionality within assigned applications.
- Take ownership of system development, QA and acceptance testing of projects.
- Provide test plans, test cases, perform functional testing and assure proper user acceptance testing.
- Provide new user training on supported applications as requested.
- Work closely with all IT organizations and drive projects to successful completion.
- Provide overall application support and ownership for the applications in the business portfolio.
- Provide end-to-end IT coordination for all IT related activities.
- Support activities for assigned applications and assure secondary resources are defined and are well trained to support the application.
- Minimize application support load by refining error management and moving initial triage to the 1st level support staff.
- Proactively maintain an understanding of the business processes.
- Work closely with other Business Units to identify and deliver Enterprise value.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Information Systems or Management, Computer Science, Business or related field (or equivalent years of education, training and work experience)
- 4+ years of business systems analysis experience to include the following:
- Requirements definition
- Business process definition
- Strong documentation
- Development and support of integrated business applications
- Implementation and support of applications
- End-to-end IT coordination and support experience
- Experience working in Production Agriculture Retail Operations
- Experience working with Grain, Energy and Agronomy business applications
- General knowledge of system development methodologies
- Experience with Microsoft development platforms
- Business Intelligence (BI) experience
- Business Analysis and/or Project Management Certification
- Pre-employment screening is based on the job requirements and industry guidelines and may or may not be required for the position. If required, selected candidates must pass pre-employment screenings to include all or a combination of drug, criminal, motor vehicle check, physical requirements and FMSCA Clearinghouse.
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.