CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 11,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS has an exciting opportunity in our CHS Southwest Grain business in Reeder, North Dakota. We are looking for a motivated self-starter to join our growing agriculture organization to be a Agronomy Sales Representative I. You will work with farmers, ranchers and producers to promote the proper use of crop protection products plant food, seed and other services offered at the cooperative to area producers by making on-the-farm sales presentations. The ideal candidate will have a strong mathematical aptitude and the ability to formulate fertilizer applications.
- Achieve sales goals and execute sales plans within an assigned small to moderate size sales territory and/or level of account(s).
- Focus on personal sales targets, new business development, maintaining customer relationships and troubleshooting specific customer problems.
- Create and recommend specific agronomy programs to targeted accounts with the goal of increasing agronomy business.
- Spend a majority of time developing relationships with farmers to earn business.
- Utilize seed, Precision Farming technology, finance and other marketing tools to grow market share.
- Understand the business functions of the employee team and assist the team in improving the efficiency and profitability of the location(s) assigned.
- Coordinate with custom applicators and tanks on the spreading, spraying and delivery of bulk fertilizer to assure the cost-effective use of equipment.
- Establish and maintain effective public relations through customer education and the promotion of new products.
- Ensure that federal and state regulations pertaining to chemicals and fertilizers are observed and adhered to.
- Work with patrons in a courteous and professional manner.
- Work extended hours in-season to meet business demands.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- High School degree (or equivalency)
- 1+ years of Agronomy sales or related sales and business experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Knowledgeable on fundamental concepts, principles and practices of account management/sales
- Sales abilities with inter-personal skills, knowledge of account management and/or sales experience.
- Proven track record of sales success
- Proven customer acumen and relationship building skills
- Experience interfacing with both internal team members and external customers as a part of a solution-based sales process
- Experience collaborating with, supporting and driving sales through sales channel partner organizations
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include: Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation , 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Effective January 6, 2020, the U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) requires employers to conduct a pre-employment verification full query against the newly established License Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse prior to beginning employment in a position that requires a valid commercial driver’s license (CDL). Candidates seeking employment in a position that requires a commercial motor vehicle license must voluntarily enter their information into the FMCSA and must provide disclosure authorization, at the time of offer, to CHS or an authorized third-party agent of CHS to verify the information.