CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS Larsen has an exciting opportunity in our Country Operations division. We are looking for a Grain Operations Supervisor to bea hands-on team lead in a grain facility, performing elevator operations and providing guidance to others as needed to provide efficient, safe, and reliable service to patrons. You must be a detail-oriented, results-driven individual with a commitment to quality, accuracy and the ability to organize and prioritize workloads to meet deadlines. Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with a strong commitment to customer service and the ability to work in both a team environment and on self-directed tasks are necessary.
- Oversee the accurate weighing, grading, binning, dumping, and pricing of incoming grain.
- Clean and dry incoming grain and ensure proper bin storage.
- Act as a working supervisor, leading by example, providing general work direction, and fostering communication and a strong customer service mentality.
- Comply with elevator housekeeping and equipment maintenance programs to avoid safety hazards and equipment breakdowns. Enforce safety rules.
- Prepare documentation associated with grain and merchandise sales, and grain shipments.
- Oversee the blending and load out of trucks and railcars and complete the required documentation.
- Assist in the management of all elevator functions to meet budget goals and maximize profitability.
- Coordinate incoming shipment information with location management, and assist in determining the daily market position.
- Assist in marketing grain: buying grain from farmers
- Perform other duties as assigned or needed.
- Work extended hours as needed to meet business demands.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- High school diploma or GED
- 3-5 years of grain handling/elevator experience
- Previous customer relations / customer service experience
- Ability to work extended hours as needed
- Ability to lift 50 lbs; climb rail cars, ladders, stairs, and bins
- Ability to operate loaders, conveyors, tractors, track mobiles, and/or drive a forklift
- Ability to work in dust and adverse weather conditions and temperatures
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in an agriculture related program
- Agribusiness supervisor experience
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL)
- Agronomy and mechanical background
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Effective January 6, 2020, the U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) requires employers to conduct a pre-employment verification full query against the newly established License Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse prior to beginning employment in a position that requires a valid commercial driver’s license (CDL). Candidates seeking employment in a position that requires a commercial motor vehicle license must voluntarily enter their information into the FMCSA and must provide disclosure authorization, at the time of offer, to CHS or an authorized third-party agent of CHS to verify the information.