CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS Inc has an exciting opportunity in the Country Operations division. We are looking for a part-time Grain Accounting Specialist at our grain elevator in Readfield, WI. You will work extensively with Larsen Cooperative customers in ensuring they are provided the highest level of service. You must be customer focused, be hard working, and have excellent customer communication skills, both verbal and written. This position has the opportunity for growth. Ability to work extended hours (weekends) during the harvest season.
- Process grain loads for multiple locations, ensuring accurate applications to contract, timely payments and high level customer satisfaction.
- Apply grain unloads to proper contracts for multiple locations to generate timely payment.
- Review grain settlement documents, process grain checks, and balance contract bookings daily.
- Verify contract confirmations and verify truck freight billings.
- Assist customers with reporting requests, special projects, questions or issues related to their deliveries, contracts, applications, and web portal account.
- Scan and upload documents and contracts.
- Ensure that all documentation for every shipment is properly categorized and preserved.
- Utilize electronic documentation storage software.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations.
- Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
- Run Daily Position Reports.
- Maintain Record keeping logs, including sales tickets.
- Handle customer phone calls.
- Provide clear office communications, written and verbal.
- Create favorable image of Coop.
- Assist Controller when needed.
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- 1+ years in Finance and/or Accounting
- 2+ years of office experience
- High School diploma or GED
- Previous customer relations/customer service experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Word & Excel spreadsheets
- Agricultural background desired
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen
- Bachelor's degree preferred in Finance, Accounting, Statistics, Economics, Business, Business Administration, or in a related field.
Ability to stand for extended periods of time while running a grain scale
CHS offers a competitive compensation package. Benefits include Paid Vacation and a Volunteer Day. If eligibility requirements are met, you may participate in 401K, Match Company Funded Pension, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Health Insurance according to ASA guidelines.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer Effective
January 6, 2020, the U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) requires employers to conduct a pre-employment verification full query against the newly established License Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse prior to beginning employment in a position that requires a valid commercial driver’s license (CDL). Candidates seeking employment in a position that requires a commercial motor vehicle license must voluntarily enter their information into the FMCSA and must provide disclosure authorization, at the time of offer, to CHS or an authorized third-party agent of CHS to verify the information.