Seasonal Operations Specialist
CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
Want to make a difference and impact in your local community? Come join CHS Inc. as an Operations Specialist/CDL Driver in Quincy, WA today!
Your day to day will never look the same when you work within CHS grain and agronomy. You will:
• Load and unload grain, agronomy, and feed products
• Work hands on by performing scheduled maintenance and repairs.
• Acquire knowledge on how to monitor and maintain grain quality, mix/load fertilizer, and chemical products while assisting the loading of trains
• Deliver fertilizer, grain, feed, and fuel to customers
This is a great opportunity to work with one of the largest coops in the U.S, while still making an impact in our local communities. Our fun and safe work environment is waiting for you, apply today!
- As directed, carry out general labor responsibilities promptly and efficiently. Responsibilities may include:
- Develop and maintain knowledge of the commodities handled at the location and comply with company policy and government regulations pertaining to commodities.
- Work with customers in a courteous and professional manner.
- Prepare trucks and railcars for loading/unloading, which may require sampling, loosening large nuts, opening hatches, and attaching and/or detaching flexible hoses.
- Load and unload agricultural inputs from railcars and/or trucks using heavy or light duty machinery/equipment. May include bulk and or packaged material.
- Control and monitor all load out functions.
- Understand and operate automated scale/dump systems.
- Conduct and properly record daily, weekly and monthly maintenance tasks including but not limited to lubrication of pumps, valves, and loading arms. Inspect in-use equipment looking for seeps and leaks of process equipment.
- Monitor and maintain quality of inventory (may include blended, bulk or packaged product).
- Deliver products such as fertilizer, chemical, seed, feed and others to customer sites.
- Keep all work areas in a clean, orderly and safe condition. Conduct regular housekeeping duties such as sweeping, shoveling, power washing, scraping and cleaning up spills. Complete appropriate record keeping.
- Perform grounds maintenance including snow removal.
- Perform warehouse work including driving loader, loading/unloading inventory, forklift operation, and general maintenance.
- Promptly report any customer complaints, repair or maintenance needs, or safety concerns to supervisor.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures, and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
- Follow all company policies, procedures, and safety requirements.
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned to ensure facility operates smoothly and customers receive excellent customer service.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- Knowledge of Operations and/or Business Operations
- Must meet minimum age requirement
- Ability to operate machinery such as loaders, conveyors, tractors
- Ability to work extended hours during peak seasons to meet business demands
- High School diploma or GED preferred
- Agriculture experience preferred
- Past forklift experience
- Ability to lift 75 pounds
- Ability to climb ladders, stairs, and bins
- Ability to work in dust and adverse weather conditions and temperatures
Compensation Range: $14.48/hr - $21.69/hr
The ranges displayed are CHS salary ranges. CHS adheres to all state salary requirements and minimum wages.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Get job alerts
Interested in a specific role or location? Sign-up for job alerts and we’ll automatically notify you when there’s an opening.
Join our talent community
Want to stay in touch? Join our talent community and we’ll send you updates about what’s happening at CHS and when we’re hiring.Sign up