CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS has an exciting opportunity in our Country Operations division. We are looking for a Crop Scout Intern. You will work extensively with Country Operations Cooperative Customers monitoring fields to identify weed, insect, and disease problems. You must be detail-oriented with excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Assist Agronomy Sales Rep with crop scouting, soil sampling, and field agronomic problem-solving.
- Use integrated pest management techniques to determine treatment thresholds.
- Generate written and electronic reports and present them to supervisor and/or customer.
- Learn the features and benefits of all agronomy products and services.
- Learn to perform warehouse and agronomy plant operations.
- Learn how to maintain equipment and facility.
- Assist other departments as needed.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- Currently enrolled in Ag Business, Crop Science, or other Agriculture related degree program.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software.
- Ability to work long hours during peak times.
- Agriculture experience or background.
- Previous internship.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to work in dust and adverse weather conditions.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Effective January 6, 2020, the U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) requires employers to conduct a pre-employment verification full query against the newly established License Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse prior to beginning employment in a position that requires a valid commercial driver’s license (CDL). Candidates seeking employment in a position that requires a commercial motor vehicle license must voluntarily enter their information into the FMCSA and must provide disclosure authorization, at the time of offer, to CHS or an authorized third-party agent of CHS to verify information.