CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 11,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS Northwest has an exciting opportunity at our Poulsbo Country Store in Poulsbo, WA. We are looking for a Part TimeWarehouse Worker to safely and efficiently perform the job functions of loading/unloading trailers, moving pallets of product, palletizing bags, picking orders, completing documentation and cleaning in the warehouse. You must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, be self-motivated and work well in a team setting.
- Provide excellent customer service; work with internal and external customers in a courteous and professional manner.
- Perform all job functions within the warehouse including loading/unloading trailers, moving and rotating pallets of product, loading customer vehicles and completing documentation.
- Completing sales transactions at POS
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves, pallet area and workstations neat/clean and complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
- Complete shipping, receiving and inspection documents neatly and accurately.
- Assist in training new employees.
- Manage product inventory and follow first in-first out shipping and rotation principles.
- Operate a fork lift.
- Dispense propane
- Follow all warehouse rules and procedures.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- High school diploma or GED
- Retail customer service
- Ability to climb ladders and stairs
- Ability to become certified to operate a forklift and dispense propane
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions and temperatures
- Must be able to perform simple math problems related to order counts and inventory management
- Prior warehouse experience
- Must be able to meet certain physical requirements including standing, squatting, bending, climbing stairs and lifting up to 55 lbs. repeatedly
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Effective January 6, 2020, the U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) requires employers to conduct a pre-employment verification full query against the newly established License Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse prior to beginning employment in a position that requires a valid commercial driver’s license (CDL). Candidates seeking employment in a position that requires a commercial motor vehicle license must voluntarily enter their information into the FMCSA and must provide disclosure authorization, at the time of offer, to CHS or an authorized third-party agent of CHS to verify information.