CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
Want to make a difference and impact in your local community? Come join CHS Inc. as a Retail Warehouse Specialist in Poulsbo, WA today!
As a Retail Warehouse Operations Specialist, you will work at one of our retail locations, where you will assist with inventory, shipping & receiving, sorting customer orders, and maintaining a safe work environment.
This is a great opportunity to work with one of the largest co-ops in the U.S, while still making an impact in our local communities. Our fun and safe work environment is waiting for you, apply today!
- As directed, perform all job functions within the warehouse including loading/unloading trailers, moving pallets of product, palletizing product, picking orders and completing documentation.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves, pallet area and workstations neat/clean and complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
- Manage product inventory and follow first in-first out shipping and rotation principles.
- Complete shipping, receiving and inspection documents neatly and accurately.
- Operate equipment for loading and unloading. This includes operating an end loader, switching engine, fork lift, and skid loader.
- Conduct truck and railcar inspections prior to loading with product.
- Perform basic preventative maintenance and assist maintenance techs as needed.
- Follow all plant and food safety rules and procedures.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- Knowledge of Supply Chain and Procurement and/or Warehouse Operations
- Must meet minimum age requirement
- Forklift certification or ability to obtain forklift certification
- Ability to perform math related to order counts and inventory management
- Ability to work extended hours during peak seasons to meet business demands
- High School diploma or GED preferred
- Prior warehouse experience preferred
- Pre-employment screening is based on the job requirements and industry guidelines and may or may not be required for the position. If required, selected candidates must pass pre-employment screenings to include all or a combination of drug, criminal, motor vehicle check, physical requirements and FMSCA Clearinghouse.
- Ability to stand, squat, twist and bend repeatedly
- Ability to climb ladders, stairs and bins
- Ability to lift 55 pounds repeatedly
- Ability to wear all required PPE such as: hard hat, hair net, safety glasses, face mask and safety boots
- Ablility to work in dust and adverse weather conditions and temperatures
Compensation Range: $14.48-$21.69/hr
The ranges displayed are CHS salary ranges. CHS adheres to all state salary requirements and minimum wages.
CHS offers a competitive compensation package. Benefits include Paid Vacation and a Volunteer Day. If eligibility requirements are met, you may participate in 401K, Match Company Funded Pension, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Health Insurance according to ASA guidelines.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.