CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS Pocahontas has an opportunity in our Country Operations Division. We are looking for a Custom Applicator. You will promote the proper use of crop protection products. You must be detail-oriented with excellent communication skills both verbal and written. This opportunity has growth potential and offers mobility within CHS.
- Apply crop protection products with a high clearance sprayer or floater.
- Apply fertilizer and crop protection products.
- Work with patrons in a courteous and professional manner.
- Educate patrons on products being applied to fields, techniques utilized, and how you can continue to support them with products and services.
- Assist the sales staff in ensuring orders are correct and patron needs are met.
- Perform warehouse work to including driving loader, forklift, mechanics, and maintenance.
- Crop protection product mixing
- Operation of application equipment
- Pick up and deliver product to customers as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Work additional hours to meet business demands.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- Must meet the minimum age requirement
- High school diploma or GED
- CDL or ability to obtain within 30 days
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen
- Must meet DOT and Company requirements
- Ability to read, write, and communicate in English
- Ability to work additional hours to meet business demands
- Applicators License
- Chemical application education
- Previous application experience
- Farming background
- Ability to lift and load up to 75 lb packages
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.