CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS has a great opportunity in our Transportation Division. We are looking for a JourneymanMechanic in Pasco, WA to maintain our truck & trailer fleet. You must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and a customer service focus.
- Perform all maintenance and repairs of trucks and trailers to include oil changes, P/M inspections, DOT inspections, brake and shoe replacement, suspension repair and replacement, air and electrical trouble shooting and repair, clutch adjustments and replacement, wire feed welding and some minor fabrication, rear end and transmission replacement, minor engine repair, heating and air conditioning repair.
- Work to improve equipment and maintenance to support operating departments with safe, reliable trucks, tractors and trailers that are in full compliance with all regulatory agencies and at a cost within industry standards.
- Follow all policies and procedures outlined in the Shop Safety & Policies Procedures Manual.
- Participate in company training for service and repair of vehicles, equipment, and facilities.
- Commit to personal safety, the safety of others and safety to the environment.
- Work additional hours as needed to meet business demands.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- High School diploma or GED
- Previous experience repairing trucks and/or trailers
- Must own a full set of hand tools and a roll-away tool cabinet
- Must pass DOT physical, drug test and background check
- Must pass post offer pre-employment physical job requirements screening
- Automotive/Mechanical Degree or Certification
- Tank testing, inspection and repair
- Class A CDL
- Knowledge of Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations Part 396, Inspection Repair and Maintenance
- Knowledge of Department of Transportation Hazardous Material Regulations HM 126, HM 181, HM 183 and all other pertinent State and Federal regulations
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Effective January 6, 2020, the U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) requires employers to conduct a pre-employment verification full query against the newly established License Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse prior to beginning employment in a position that requires a valid commercial driver’s license (CDL). Candidates seeking employment in a position that requires a commercial motor vehicle license must voluntarily enter their information into the FMCSA and must provide disclosure authorization, at the time of offer, to CHS or an authorized third-party agent of CHS to verify the information.