CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 11,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS / CHS Prairie Lakes - Park Rapids has an opportunity in our Country Operations Division. We are looking for a Custom Applicator. You will promote the proper use of crop protection products. You must be detail-oriented with excellent communication skills both verbal and written. This opportunity has growth potential and offers mobility within CHS.
- Apply crop protection products with a high clearance sprayer or floater.
- Apply fertilizer and crop protection products.
- Work with patrons in a courteous and professional manner.
- Educate patrons on products being applied to fields, techniques utilized, and how you can continue to support them with products and services.
- Assist the sales staff in ensuring orders are correct and patron needs are met.
- Perform warehouse work to including driving loader, forklift, mechanics, and maintenance.
- Lift & load up to 75lbs packages of Crop Protection products, 1-2 hours per day.
- Pick up and deliver products to customers as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Work additional hours to meet business demands.
- Crop protection product mixing
- Operation of application equipment
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- Must meet the minimum age requirement
- High school diploma or GED
- CDL or ability to obtain within 30 days
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen
- Must meet DOT and Company requirements
- Ability to read, write, and communicate in English
- Ability to work additional hours to meet business demands
- Applicators License
- Chemical application education
- Previous application experience
- Farming background
- Ability to lift/carry up to 75lbs
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Effective January 6, 2020, the U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) requires employers to conduct a pre-employment verification full query against the newly established License Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse prior to beginning employment in a position that requires a valid commercial driver’s license (CDL). Candidates seeking employment in a position that requires a commercial motor vehicle license must voluntarily enter their information into the FMCSA and must provide disclosure authorization, at the time of offer, to CHS or an authorized third-party agent of CHS to verify information.