CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS has an exciting opportunity in our Otis, CO location. We are looking for a full-time Accounting Specialist. You must be detail oriented with excellent customer service and communication skills, both verbal and written.
Salary structure for this role ranges between $17.74 to $24.3/hr (DOE)
- Process Accounts Payable (AP) and Accounts Receivable (A/R)
- Reconcile accounts and bills, analyze discrepancies
- Perform routine balancing, filing, and calculating
- Operating the scale and grading equipment at the elevator
- Maintain Record keeping logs, including sales tickets
- Handle customer/vendor phone calls
- Provide clear office communications, written and verbal
- Create favorable image of Coop
- Assist Controller when needed
- Other Duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- Associates degree in Accounting (additional years of accounting experience may offset education)
- 3 years of A/P and A/R experience
- Previous Customer Service Experience
- Computer experience to include MS Office 365 (Excel, Word, Email/Outlook
- Agris accounting software
- SAP accounting software
- Previous accounting experience with grain or agronomy
- Farming background/understanding
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package.
Compensation: This includes base wage and may consist of other earnings depending upon position within CHS, consisting of bonuses, incentives, commissions, merit pay. This position may be an opportunity for promotion.
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health, and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short-Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Effective January 6, 2020, the U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) requires employers to conduct a pre-employment verification full query against the newly established License Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse prior to beginning employment in a position that requires a valid commercial driver’s license (CDL). Candidates seeking employment in a position that requires a commercial motor vehicle license must voluntarily enter their information into the FMCSA and must provide disclosure authorization, at the time of offer, to CHS or an authorized third-party agent of CHS to verify the information.