CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
Want to make a difference and impact in your local community? Come join CHS, Inc as a Operations Specialist in Onida, SD today!
- Competitive Hourly Rate
- Benefit eligible employees receive:
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance + Long & Short-Term Disability
- Paid Holidays + Paid Time Off (Vacation & Sick Pay)
- Retirement Benefits -
- 401K with Company Match
- Company Funded Pension
- Profit Sharing
Take this opportunity to work with the largest coop in the U.S, while still making an impact in our local communities. Our fun and safe work environment is waiting for you, apply today!
- Under general supervision, carry out general labor responsibilities promptly and efficiently. Responsibilities may include:
- Prepare trucks and railcars for loading/unloading, which may require sampling, loosening large nuts, opening hatches, and attaching and/or detaching flexible hoses.
- Load and unload agricultural inputs from railcars and/or trucks using heavy or light duty machinery/equipment.
- Conduct and properly record repairs and daily, weekly and monthly maintenance tasks. Regularly inspect in-use equipment.
- Monitor and maintain quality of inventory (may include blended, bulk or packaged product).
- Deliver products such as fertilizer, chemical, seed, feed and other to customer sites ensuring accurate and on time deliveries in a safe, timely, and professional manner.
- Ensure compliance with all local, state, and federal laws including but not limited to pre-trip and post-trip reporting, proper load securement and hours of service.
- Keep all work areas and vehicles in a clean, orderly and safe condition. Conduct regular housekeeping duties such as sweeping, shoveling, power washing, scraping and cleaning up spills. Complete appropriate record keeping.
- Perform grounds maintenance including snow removal.
- Promptly report any customer complaints, repair or maintenance needs, or safety concerns to supervisor.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures, and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
- Follow all company policies, procedures, and safety requirements.
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned to ensure facility operates smoothly and customers receive excellent customer service.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- 1+ years of experience in Operations and/or Trucking Operations
- Must meet minimum age requirement
- High School diploma or GED preferred
- Maintain or be able to obtain a CDL and DOT medical card.
- Ability to read, write, and communicate in English
- Ability to work additional hours and occasional weekends to meet business demands
- Valid Class A CDL preferred
- Agriculture background preferred
- Customer service experience preferred
- Pre-employment screening is based on the job requirements and industry guidelines and may or may not be required for the position. If required, selected candidates must pass pre-employment screenings to include all or a combination of drug, criminal, motor vehicle check, physical requirements and FMSCA Clearinghouse.
- Ability to lift 75 pounds
- Ability to climb rail cars, ladders, stairs, and bins and into back of trailer
- Ability to work in dust and adverse weather conditions and temperatures
CHS offers a competitive total rewards package. Compensation includes base wage and, depending upon position, may include other earnings such as bonus, incentives and commissions. Actual pay offered will vary based on multiple factors which may include, without limitation, experience, education, training, specialized skills and certifications.
Benefits include medical, dental, vision, wellness programs, life insurance, health and dependent care savings accounts, paid time off, 401(k), pension, profit sharing, short- and long-term disability, tuition reimbursement and adoption assistance, subject to the eligibility requirements for each benefit plan.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disability.