Safety Coordinator, Senior
CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS has an exciting opportunity in our Animal Nutrition business unit. We are looking for a Senior Safety Specialist to administer divisional safety programs at Norfolk, NE and Shenandoah, IA to ensure safe, healthy, and accident-free work environments. Come join our team in and see where your career takes you.
- Competitive Pay
- Benefit eligible employees receive:
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance + Long & Short-Term Disability
- Paid Holidays + Paid Time Off (Vacation & Sick Pay)
- Retirement Benefits -
- 401K with Company Match
- Company Funded Pension
- Profit Sharing
- Conduct safety & compliance training to educate employees on job safety, health hazards, and methods of reducing and/or eliminating workplace hazards. Coordinate monthly safety meetings.
- Coordinate new employee orientation and cover existing employees’ on-going training.
- Conduct periodic location inspections regarding housekeeping, equipment and machinery condition, environmental concerns, DOT records and all other safety related issues at locations, to ensure compliance with all applicable Federal, State, and CHS regulations.
- Report Incidents in a timely manner relative to their seriousness and escalate issues to relevant internal departments and external regulatory agencies. Perform root cause analysis to prevent future issues from recurring.
- Maintain and periodically review of the risk management system to produce safety records and documentation required by the company, state and federal regulations.
- Communicate with management, safety staff and employees to keep all locations up to date and current regarding changes in safety regulations and programs.
- Facilitate monthly safety committee meetings. Keep committee members on track and focused on the issues assigned and document progress and communications in the risk management system.
- Lead efforts to continually improve processes and implement procedures that improve safety, environment, compliance and inventory management.
- Assist Management on facility improvement projects by researching requirements, suggesting options, obtaining proposals, and evaluating safety and compliance issues on final project.
- Facilitate relationships with local regulatory personal and agencies, provide compliance information, and respond to any concerns they may have.
- Lead efforts to correct any environment, safety and health problems identified by auditors, insurance representation or internal reviews.
- Issues regarding employee discipline and operational changes should be approached in conjunction with operations management.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- 2 years of Safety, Environmental, and/or AgBusiness experience
- Ability to climb ladders and operate equipment needed to inspect facilities
- Ability to work in dusty conditions, changing temperatures, and climb ladders
- Ability to travel up to 25%
Preferred Qualifications (desired)
Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Safety, Business Administration, or a related field
- Pre-employment screening is based on the job requirements and industry guidelines and may or may not be required for the position. If required, selected candidates must pass pre-employment screenings to include all or a combination of drug, criminal, motor vehicle check, physical requirements and FMSCA Clearinghouse
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Get job alerts
Interested in a specific role or location? Sign-up for job alerts and we’ll automatically notify you when there’s an opening.
Join our talent community
Want to stay in touch? Join our talent community and we’ll send you updates about what’s happening at CHS and when we’re hiring.Sign up