CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS Inc. is looking for a Terminal Operator to join our team in Muscatine!
- Ensure compliance with all quality control requirements, and environmental permits and regulations for the terminal operations.
- Maintain a consistent product supply and product quality.
- Deliver daily inventory balance analysis and reporting.
- Ensure compliance of terminal personnel, contractors, and truck drivers with applicable safety regulations.
- Perform maintenance of terminal and terminal equipment to ensure reliable 24/7 terminal operation. Communicate needs for modifications and/or improvements to the terminal facility.
- Train truck drivers to meet terminal loading procedure requirements.
- Troubleshoot terminal operating systems (pumps, compressors, valves, load rack automation).
- Operate heavy machinery to load and unload products for suppliers and customers.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
- Perform other responsibilities as needed or assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- 1+ years of experience in Operations and/or Pipeline Production Operations
- Previous work experience in an asphalt terminal or the petroleum industry
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- High School diploma or GED preferred
- Pre-employment screening is based on the job requirements and industry guidelines and may or may not be required for the position. If required, selected candidates must pass pre-employment screenings to include all or a combination of drug, criminal, motor vehicle check, physical requirements and FMSCA Clearinghouse
- Ability to work in dust and adverse weather conditions and temperatures
- Ability to stand, sit, bend, lift, twist
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Get job alerts
Interested in a specific role or location? Sign-up for job alerts and we’ll automatically notify you when there’s an opening.
Join our talent community
Want to stay in touch? Join our talent community and we’ll send you updates about what’s happening at CHS and when we’re hiring.Sign up