CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS Farmer Alliance has an exciting opportunity in Mitchell, SD. We are looking for a Procurement Merchandiser. You will work extensively with producers in procuring grain and setting up marketing programs. You must be able to make decisions and work independently, be detail oriented with excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. This opportunity has growth potential and offers mobility within CHS.
- Grain Origination: Procure grain from local producers and call on new accounts
- Work with producers updating them on market trends, current grain quotes, grain programs, and form marketing plans
- Work closely with Grain Marketing personnel (i.e., grain merchants, grain buyers, the hedge desk and accountants) in exchange of information.
- Communicate bid changes and closing bids to customers.
- Report and type all purchasing contracts quickly and accurately,
- Assist with rail billing and grain sales settlements as needed.
- Perform daily hedging activities
- Work with the elevator and office staff in the exchange of information to enhance the flow of grain.
- Provide excellent customer service and work well with patrons in a courteous and professional manner.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with customers and potential customers.
- Work extended hours during peak seasons.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture or Business
- Experience in grain industry
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record
- Grain Procurement experience
- Series III license, required to attain Series III license within the first 12 months of employment
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Effective January 6, 2020, the U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) requires employers to conduct a pre-employment verification full query against the newly established License Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse prior to beginning employment in a position that requires a valid commercial driver’s license (CDL). Candidates seeking employment in a position that requires a commercial motor vehicle license must voluntarily enter their information into the FMCSA and must provide disclosure authorization, at the time of offer, to CHS or an authorized third-party agent of CHS to verify the information.