CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS Farmers Alliance has an exciting opportunity in our Energy Sales group. We are looking for an Outside Sales Representative in Mitchell, SD. You must be highly motivated, entrepreneurial, innovative, and detail oriented with excellent communication skills both verbal and written. You must have strong analytical, organizational, people management and problem-solving skills.
- Execute sales plans to achieve sales goals and increase profitability through implementation of sales, marketing and consulting processes for products and services.
- Evaluate current customer programs and develop sales and marketing plans and programs to meet complex business needs while growing the business.
- Collaborate with sales, marketing, distribution, operations, technical staff and credit to heighten the visibility and impact of sales calls and improve efficiency and profitability.
- Facilitate positive long-term relationships with suppliers and customers to create long term repeat business.
- Identify needs and provide consultative services for businesses and customers by combining established relationships with product, marketing and technical skills.
- Prepare sales presentations, contracts, bids and proposals to ensure successful outcome of transactions.
- Provide training to staff and customers.
- Work with customers in a courteous and professional manner. Service customer complaints and inquiries.
- Lead sales projects and act as a mentor to less experienced sales staff.
- Develop knowledge of multiple products and apply this knowledge in all aspects of the job.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
- Other duties and responsibilities as needed or assigned.
- Product Training
- CHS Sales Training
- National Sales Certification available
- Computer Training on CRM Software
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- High School diploma or GED
- 2+ years of experience in Sales, Business Development, and/or Sales Business Operations
- Bachelor's degree preferred in Business, Communications, Marketing, or related field
- Outside sales experience to include: presentations, utilizing persuasive negotiation skills, customer service, conflict resolution, and working independently
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proficient in MS Office Suite: Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Valid driver's license with clean driving record
- Pre-employment screening is based on the job requirements and industry guidelines and may or may not be required for the position. If required, selected candidates must pass pre-employment screenings to include all or a combination of drug, criminal, motor vehicle check, physical requirements and FMSCA Clearinghouse.
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.