CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
Join our Team!
CHS offers COMPETITIVE PAY AND A GREATLEARNINGENVIRONMENT with LONGTERMGROWTH opportunities.
We are hiring a Grain Originator Intern in MITCHELL, SD for Spring 2022!
This internship will work directly and learn from the Grain Originator. These internships involve working extensively with producers in procuring grain and setting up marketing programs. You must be detail-oriented with excellent communication skills.
Responsibilities for the Grain Originator Intern Include:
- Learn and Assist with Grain Origination: Procure grain from local producers and call on new accounts.
- Learn and observe working with producers, updating them on market trends, current grain quotes, grain programs, and forming marketing plans.
- Assist with reporting and typing all purchasing contracts quickly & accurately.
- Assist Grain Originator with rail billing and grain sales settlements as needed.
- Partner with the elevator and office staff in the exchange of information to enhance the flow of grain.
- Provide excellent customer service and work well with patrons in a courteous and professional manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Currently enrolled in an Agricultural related degree program.
- Agriculture/crop/grain experience or background knowledge very helpful.
- Previous internship experience desired.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.