CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
This position will be responsible for managing credit and collections in South Dakota and Northern Nebraska while working closely with our Grain, Agronomy, Energy and Retail businesses. The employee will train and provide guidance to local staff to ensure compliance with the CHS Global Credit Policy. Additionally, this position will partner with the business to manage and support growth to a CHS Capital loan portfolio.
- Provide credit management expertise to minimize probability of credit losses, while maintaining effective processes aligned with the Global Credit Policy.
- Develop and extend crop loan input loan packages.
- Conduct credit investigations and provide lending advice to locations, managers and sales staff.
- Mitigate risk by reviewing CHS Capital and other loan guarantees. Educate staff on credit management, train staff on programs and provide instruction on loan servicing and collection skills.
- Administer and coordinate specially assigned extended credit programs while still managing risk appropriately.
- Monitor accounts, perform collection calls, send past due letters and make customer visits on an ongoing basis.
- Ensure that locations are administering policies and procedures as directed.
- Analyze credit exposure, recommend reserves for bad debt, and develop monitoring systems as needed.
- Assist location staff with difficult recoveries, facilitate meetings with troubled accounts, represent CHS Inc. at mediations, depositions, or court hearings. Work with attorneys to negotiate outcomes.
- Stay informed on events that affect our business as well as our customers’ business decisions such as changes in grain prices, input prices, weather, politics, etc.
- Work with our Grain Marketing, Agronomy, Energy, and Retail divisions to maximize business opportunities and manage risk.
- Travel to country locations to work with staff to analyze credit and accounts receivable; develop relationships with the personnel and patrons at country locations, meet with patrons to attempt to resolve issues.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- 2+ years in Finance and/or Accounting
- Bachelor's degree preferred in Finance, Accounting, Statistics, Economics, Business, Business Administration, or in a related field.
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package.
Compensation: This includes base wage and may consist of other earnings depending upon position within CHS, consisting of bonuses, incentives, commissions, merit pay. This position may be an opportunity for promotion.
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health, and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short-Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Effective January 6, 2020, the U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) requires employers to conduct a pre-employment verification full query against the newly established License Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse prior to beginning employment in a position that requires a valid commercial driver’s license (CDL). Candidates seeking employment in a position that requires a commercial motor vehicle license must voluntarily enter their information into the FMCSA and must provide disclosure authorization, at the time of offer, to CHS or an authorized third-party agent of CHS to verify the information.