CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS has an exciting opportunity in our Pipelines & Terminals division in McPherson, KS. We are looking for a SCADA Administrator to be responsible for the maintenance, expansion, improvements, and related documentation of the Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) system for Jayhawk Pipeline. You must be a self-motivated, detail-oriented, results-driven individual with a commitment to quality, accuracy, and the ability to organize and prioritize workloads to meet deadlines. Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with a strong commitment to customer service and the ability to work in both a team environment and on self-directed tasks, are necessary.
- Monitor the pipeline SCADA system regularly to ensure optimal performance, availability, and reliability.
- Perform routine SCADA system infrastructure maintenance tasks including software upgrades, patches, and hardware replacements as necessary.
- Diagnose technical issues related to the SCADA system such as communication failures, redundancy and failover issues, data discrepancies, and overall system performance.
- Work closely with CHS IT personnel to resolve issues related to SCADA system security, networking, and infrastructure.
- Interpret technical drawings to create functional human-machine interface (HMI) displays and graphics.
- Support Control Room staff regarding issues that may arise with the control system, including after-hours and weekends.
- Coordinate with field technicians regarding remote telemetry equipment maintenance, troubleshooting, and upgrades.
- Work with control room and field personnel regarding safety device calibrations, testing, and documentation.
- Assist field personnel with PLC programming development, implementation, and troubleshooting.
- Maintain alarm system including a monthly and annual review of alarm KPIs to resolve systemic issues.
- Stay current with DOT/PHMSA regulations regarding SCADA and Control Room Management.
- Assist in the review of reportable accidents/incidents to analyze whether SCADA system configuration or SCADA system performance played a role in the event.
- Provide reports and operational data to engineering and operations departments.
- Performs other related duties as needed.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum of 2+ years applicable experience
- An aptitude for technology with proven IT or OT skills
- Experience with Inductive Automation’s Ignition! Platform
- Strong knowledge of MQTT, OPC and other communications protocols
- Working knowledge of DOT Part 195 regulations especially Control Room Management
- Experience with relational databases including Microsoft SQL Server 2019
- Experience with vSphere and/or other virtualization platforms
- Rockwell PLC programming and/or troubleshooting experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft applications such as Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams
- Ability to utilize various language tools such as JSON and Python
- Engineering or Information Systems degree
- Experience in the Oil and Gas industry
Learn about our community at http://www.visitmcpherson.com, or http://www.gomcpherson.com.
CHS is a diversified Fortune 100 company providing essential grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers. CHS is a cooperative system owned by farmers, ranchers and their local cooperatives from the Great Lakes to the Pacific Northwest and from the Canadian border to Texas.
CHS offers a competitive total rewards package. Compensation includes base wage and, depending upon position, may include other earnings such as bonus, incentives and commissions. Actual pay offered will vary based on multiple factors which may include, without limitation, experience, education, training, specialized skills and certifications.
Benefits include medical, dental, vision, wellness programs, life insurance, health and dependent care savings accounts, paid time off, 401(k), pension, profit sharing, short- and long-term disability, tuition reimbursement and adoption assistance, subject to the eligibility requirements for each benefit plan.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disability.