CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS has an exciting opportunity at our Oil Refinery facility in McPherson, Kansas. We are looking for a Process Engineer Intern to provide technical support assistance to refinery Process Engineers for a variety of refinery units in order to achieve optimal performance while meeting company safety, environment, and economic guidelines. You must be detail oriented with excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Perform routine engineering calculations.
- Collect, analyze, and interpret detailed unit operations data to troubleshoot and optimize operating issues.
- Issue recommendations to improve unit yields and energy usage.
- Recognize and report and/or suggest recommendations regarding safety, health and environmental issues that impact operations and personnel.
- Interpret instructions and apply learned engineering principles on assignments, complex features, and possible solutions.
- Projects may include: equipment design, testing of materials, preparation of specifications, process study, research investigations, report preparation, and other activities of limited scope requiring knowledge of principles and techniques in particular areas of assignments.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- Currently a Junior or Senior enrolled in a Chemical Engineering program at an ABET accredited four-year college/university
- Must be able to work 40 hours per week
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment, including respirators
- Previous internship experience in the petrochemical or refining industry
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Effective January 6, 2020, the U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) requires employers to conduct a pre-employment verification full query against the newly established License Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse prior to beginning employment in a position that requires a valid commercial driver’s license (CDL). Candidates seeking employment in a position that requires a commercial motor vehicle license must voluntarily enter their information into the FMCSA and must provide disclosure authorization, at the time of offer, to CHS or an authorized third-party agent of CHS to verify information.